North Wales is a compact area bristling with fantastic crags to learn how to climb trad or sport. The sea cliffs on the Great Orme and Gogarth are world-class, mountain crags in the Ogwen and Llanberis valleys give a plethora of multi pitch climbs and other favourites such as Tremadog and the Slate Quarries provide an amazing range of rock types and poor weather options. This course aims to identify what stage you are at on the climbing learning curve and help you achieve progress.
Venues: The Climbnow are based near Bangor which allows easy access to the coastal cliffs or mountain venues, feel free to get in touch to discuss accommodation options.
Dates: April – October
Ratio: 1:2 maximum
What’s included: Instruction and guiding, helmets and harnesses, ropes and climbing rack (rock shoes and mountain boots are not included).
Who’s it for: Anyone interested in rock climbing from first time touching rock to climbers wanting to push their grade.
- Introduction to Climbing – Belaying, removing climbing gear, climbing calls, and coiling ropes.
- Attaching to anchors and building bomber belays.
- Leading climbs – choosing routes, placing gear, organising belays and stance management.
- Guidebook interpretation and approaching crags.
- Abseiling and retreating off routes.
- Introduction to self-rescue.