The Scottish winter has an endless number of adventures to be had with crampons one ice axe or two and skis. The variety is massive, from the frozen turf and ice falls of the Southern Highlands, the snow ice of Ben Nevis to the granite crags and vast plateaus of the Cairngorms. Between the three of us, we have 80 years of Scottish winter climbing experience, giving them an excellent knowledge of where to go in all conditions. Private guiding allows you the opportunity to maximise your time on the hill.
Venues: The Climbnow team can travel to your base. Common venues are the Southern Highlands, Glencoe, Lochaber and the Northern Cairngorms.
Dates: November to April depending on conditions.
Ratio: 1:1 to 1:6 Maximum
What’s included: Instruction, harnesses and helmets. The Climbnow team can arrange the hire of ice axes and crampons.
Who’s it for: All keen hill walkers, scramblers, skiers and climbers. No winter experience is required. Our team can cater for all abilities.
Below is a list of objectives commonly requested and completed by ClimbNow Guides and Instructors:
- The traverse of Liathach, An Teallach and the Aonach Eagach.
- Ben Nevis ice and mixed climbs such as Point Five Gully (V), Vanishing Gully (V), Tower Ridge (IV), Green Gully (IV) and Number 3 Gully Buttress (III).
- Cairngorm mixed climbs such as Route Major (IV), Shadow Buttress A (IV) and The Milky Way (III).
- Southern Highland routes such as Taxus (III), Central Gully of Ben Lui (I) and Peter Pan (V).
- The most famous winter climb in Scotland! Snowholing and Munro bagging on the Cairngorm plateau.
- Ski touring in the Ben Lawers range and the Cairngorms.